2/2/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 2/2

You speak every language, Lord, 
you know every definition 
of every word
ever spoken, thought or written
and yet
you say the same things to me
over and over again -
almost as if I don't understand,
as if I don't get it the first time
- or the hundredth time -
as if I need to hear the same message
over and over again...

I guess  I just answered my own question, Lord:
you repeat yourself because it's true:
   I'm often not listening
   or I can't hear what you're saying
   because I live with so much noise
   - or I do hear what you say 
   but I think you're talking to someone else, 
   not to me..."
 
I wonder, then, how many times today 
you called my name and said,
   Come to me... I know you're tired 
   I know you need some rest, some relief;
   so come to me, I'm here for you,
   come, rest by my side and find some peace...
 
Open my ears, Lord, open my heart 
to hear you call my name and offer me, 
in such very simple terms,
exactly what I need and precisely what I want:
rest and peace by your side...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Come Unto Me by Take 6

Come unto me, all ye that labor 
And I will give you rest 
Take my yoke upon you and learn of me 
For I am meek and lowly in heart 
And ye shall find rest unto your souls
Rest unto your souls,
Rest unto your souls, 
It's easy, Ooooo 
For my burden is light... 
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!