3/15/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 3/15

 
I've known times, Lord,
when it wasn't easy to find you, 
when it seemed you might have gone on vacation,
when I've wondered if you'd forgotten me...
 
But I've known other times, too,
when your presence was almost palpable,
when I've been sure you were right by my side,
when I had no doubt of your faithful and abiding love 
- for me... 

Today was one of those times, Lord,
when the light went on in my darkness,
when the silence was broken by music,
when the emptiness filled with your presence...

I know you hadn't forgotten me, Lord, 
weren't giving me the silent treatment,
you hadn't  left me on my own...
 
I know your word still echoed in my heart,
your song was singing in my soul,
your hand was resting gently
on my shoulder, hunched over,
bent under the burdens  
you were there to help me bear...

How or why I often miss your presence, Lord,
miss your word or miss your touch
- that's a puzzle not yet solved
but I know the joy that's mine,
the relief and consolation, 
when once again, I find you at my side
and hear your word, soft in my heart,
and your song alive within me
and your healing touch upon me,
reminding me that you're my God
and I am your beloved...
 
For that gift today I thank you, Lord,
your love and your grace are all I need:
make of me what you made me to be
and take all else away,
your love and your grace are all I need...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

 Take, Lord, Receive by John Foley, cover by Natalie Lelyo


 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!