3/13/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 3/13

 
Tonight we lose an hour's sleep but I'm praying, Lord, 
for those who lose hours of sleep
night after night after night,
no matter the month or the season...
 
Some, with worry-burdened hearts,
lie awake, tired but teased by thoughts
that nudge a troubled mind away from sleep's deep peace 
and rob them of a good night's rest...
 
Some have the care of infants who cry from cribs 
their need for comfort and milk:
nature's alarm, clocking through the night,
waking those who give what no one else can offer...

Others care for those who can't care for themselves:
the weak, the sick in mind and body:
those who've lost track of night and day, of then and now;
whose years are long, whose days are short...

Some like awake, haunted by memories, 
or shaken by dreams and nightmares:
shades of yesterday or fear of tomorrow
keeping sleep from those who most need rest...      

Some keep watch, at home and abroad:
defending us, standing in harm's way,
keeping vigil for our safety 
lest an enemy or terror 
disturb the peace of night...

And some, Lord, 
for reasons known to them and you alone, Lord,
some weep the night away, their tears a prayer
pleading for your hand to reach
and with healing mercy wipe each tear away
with then promise of a new day
and with it, hope and peace...

Lord, grant deep sleep, sweet dreams, good rest
to all your sons and daughters
and rock our troubled souls to sleep,
cradled in your strong and loving arms...
 
Protect us while we lie awake
and watch over us when we sleep
that awake we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 

Sleep Chant by Karen Drucker
 
 

Sleep in peace.   Wake in joy.    Always know that I am loved.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that I am loved.
Today I live in gratitude.  Today I give my love.
And tonight when I lay my head to rest, I give thanks, I give thanks.
 
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Each day I wake is a miracle.  Each day is a precious gift.
I count my blessings and feel such grace.  I give thanks. I give thanks.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.

I sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.
Sleep in peace.    Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.

Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  I always know that I am safe.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.


 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!