4/12/21

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 4/12


Good morning, good God!

Still got doubting Thomas on my mind...

There are certainly times when I’m a doubter, Lord,
but also times when, without a doubt,
I do believe!

No matter how cold, snowy or rainy the winter may be,
no matter how long it stretches into a new year
(even into April!)
I do, without a doubt, believe
that spring will come
to warm the cold that chills
my bones and soul…

No matter how long, how dark the night,
no matter how frightening my dreams,
I do, without a doubt, believe
a new day will dawn
with hope of a new beginning,
a fresh start, another chance…

No matter how difficult things may be,
no matter how lonely I feel, how alone I am,
I do, without a doubt, believe
that you and my friends will see me through
‘til better times are mine...

No matter how hurt,
no matter how broken my heart,
I do, without a doubt, believe
that as others’ hearts are mended
so, too, will my heart have its turn…

No matter how conflicted,
how confused I might be,
I do, without a doubt, believe
there’s a wisdom, a light and a path to truth:
a path I seek and want to walk…

No matter how far I stray from your path,
no matter how seriously I fail
to heed your word and do what you ask of me,
I do believe, without a doubt,
that your heart of mercy waits
to pardon and forgive me...

Even in the face of death, Lord,
even with a heart filled with grief and loss,
I do, without a doubt, believe
in your promise of eternal life,
of life with you forever,
in the company of those who’ve gone before me…

If, without a doubt, Lord,
   I trust the seasons, the sun and moon,
   my friends, my heart’s resiliency
   and the promise of a truth that’s pure
   and has no end;
if, Lord, without a doubt,
   I trust that there’s a heaven, a life with you
   where all is healed and all is peace;
if, without a doubt I so believe -
   then why do I so often, too often doubt
   that you’re always there for me,
   and that with complete and total trust
   I can put my life into your hands?

This morning, Lord, I offer my need
to believe, without a doubt, in you,
to trust, without a doubt, in you,
to hope, without a doubt, in you…

Help me believe that you are Lord
of all the seasons of my heart,
that on every day, in any month,
without a doubt,
you offer me a springtime of hope…

Help me trust
that you are Lord of all my days and nights,
that in every hour, in every moment,
without a doubt,
you offer me a new beginning…

Give me faith
that you are Lord over all my fears and struggles,
that in every difficulty,
without a doubt,
you’re my brother, Lord and Savior…

Help me believe
that you are Lord of my heart and all my needs,
help me believe that all my sin and pain can,
without a doubt,
be healed by your hand’s gentle touch…

Help me trust
that you are Lord of my mind and all my thoughts,
that in your wisdom rests, without a doubt,
the knowledge I need,
the truth I seek
and the peace for which my heart so longs...

Lord, help me believe…
Lord, help me trust…
Lord, help me put and keep my faith in you
- without a doubt...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!