4/4/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Easter Sunday 2021


Easter's a day of peace for me, Lord,
a day of assurance, consolation and hope
- but I'm a believer, I have faith in you...
 
I believe in your humanity,
I believe in your divinity,
I believe in you the two are bound as one:
   my God with human skin redeems my flesh, 
   the Spirit lifts my spirits from the depths,
   the Light no night can quench
   shines on the path I walk each day...

But, how to share my faith
with those who don't see what I see,
don't hear what I hear,
don't find what I find in my heart and soul, 
my thoughts, in my hope, in my prayer? 

What evidence have I to show 
to share the faith I hold as sure and true?
 
I shall point to how the flowers dance with joy
on rising from the earth, from their tomb,
where once they slept as seeds 'til you, Lord,
called them forth to rise and bloom in glory...

May their beauty and their grace lead all to trust:
the One who gardens all around us
delights in raising us to dance with life,
with life that sings with joy for life that has no end...
 
O Lord, as beautiful as all flora may be
there's nothing to compare with your glory,
your rising from the dead, up from the earth 
that three days held your body bound
and your promise, Lord, to raise us up with you 
when we shake loose what holds us bound,
freed for life, for joy, for peace with you for ever...

Amen.
 

 
From our Easter worship: Now the Green Blade Rises
 
 

             

              Now the green blade rises from the buried grain,

Wheat that in dark earth many days has lain;

Love lives again, that with the dead has been:
Love is come again like wheat arising green.

 

             In the grave they laid him, love by the hatred slain,

Thinking that he would never wake again,

Laid in the earth like grain that sleeps unseen:

Love is come again like wheat arising green.

 

             Forth he came at Easter, like the risen grain,

He that for three days in the grave had lain;

Raised from the dead, my living Lord is seen:

Love is come again like wheat arising green.

 

             When our hearts are wintry, grieving, or in pain,

Your touch can call us back to life again,

Fields of our hearts that dead and bare have been:

Love is come again like wheat arising green.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!