4/26/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 4/26


It's been a slow, quiet day, Lord:
not too much to do, not too much excitement
and, frankly, that's just the kind of day I needed...
 
Sometimes I need a day on pause:
a day to rest 
   and regroup myself, my strengths, my plans;
a day to reconsider where I am, 
   where I've been and where I'm heading;
a day to refresh my love
   for you, for your word and for our friendship;
a day to rediscover your presence, your grace
   all around me, deep within me and in prayer...
 
For such a day I'm grateful, Lord, and only ask
   you grant such days to others,
to family, friends and any
   with way to much to do, 
   too much excitement in their lives,
a day on pause, a day of rest,
   a day to spend with you...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us when sleep comes
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
 

Rest, the Lord is near
Refuse to fear, enjoy his love
Trust, his mighty power
Fills every hour, of all your days

There is no need
For needless worry
With such a Savior
You have no cause to ever
Doubt; his perfect Word
Still reassures in any trial

Rest, the Lord is there
Lift up your prayer
For he is strong
Trust, he’ll bring release
And perfect peace will calm your mind

Chorus

Call him
If you grow frightened
Call him
With loving care
He’ll lift the burden and you’ll
Rest, the Lord is near
Refuse to fear, enjoy his love
Trust, his might power
Fills every hour of all your days

Rest, the Lord is near
Refuse to fear, enjoy his love

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!