4/20/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 4/20


At the end of this gorgeous spring day, Lord,
it comes to mind that while many delighted
in the sunshine, warmth and promise this day offered,
others may not have felt or noticed
nature's gentle touch and blessing for the soul...
 
Some walk in shadows, Lord, 
where the sun's rays try to pierce the veil
that shields them from your light...

Some hearts have not yet thawed
from a winter's grief of loss and pain...

Some are hungry for a change of heart,
the promise of a season's change from sorrow
into joy so much desired 
but still distant and elusive...

These hearts and souls are thirsty, Lord, 
for mercy's April showers to refresh 
and to invigorate what longs to come to life,
to be reborn, to bud and sprout and bloom again
with peace that only you can give...

Shine bright upon such hearts and souls, Lord:
pierce their darkness, warm them with your love 
and make good the promise of your peace,
now, in this springtime of your grace...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 

Lord, Let Your Face Shine Upon Us by Marty Haugen



Lord, let your face shine upon us,
shine upon us, shine upon us.
1) Listen to my song
hear me when I call, oh Lord my God:
be gracious, hear my prayer.

2) You have called my name,
set your seal upon my heart:
you hear me when I call.

3) Fill me with your joy
grant to me a peaceful rest
to dwell in safety with my Lord.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!