5/14/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 5/14

It's been so clear to me recently, Lord,
how precious, like jewels, 
are my good friends...

Of what inestimable value are those 
whose fidelity never fades but shines, always,
though miles or years come between us...

How welcome a friend's honest word 
of love, of challenge, of support, of critique...

How reassuring the loyalty of those
who forgive my shortcomings 
and help me see the good I often miss or deny
in my soul, in my deeds, in my self...

How necessary the arms and hands
that lift me up, urge me on, share my load,
catch me when I fall, embrace my lonely heart
and touch me, gently, with healing
precisely where I'm wounded...

How timely is the Spirit's grace 
as friends reach out to friends in ways
mysterious, holy and amazing
- but not surprising -
for in friendship there is found
nothing more and nothing less
than the very love of God made flesh
in lives made one in sharing
what you've so freely given...
 
And of all these jewels, without a doubt,
you, Lord, are the brightest: my best friend 
whose everlasting light shines within my heart 
and in the love I share with those I call my friends,
whose friend I'm blessed to be...
 
Protect me, Lord, as I lie awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you,
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.


Dear friends, dear friends 
Let me tell you how I feel 
You have given me such treasure 
I love you so 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!