6/7/21

Monday Morning Offering: 6/7


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Been thinking 'bout what I might offer you
on this first Monday morning in June
and it comes to mind there might be things, 
even many things, 
you've been waiting for me to let go of,
right into your hands...

You might be waiting for me to offer you
a bare bones simplification of my life...

Or maybe you're waiting for me to offer
to reconcile with that one person
I just can't find room for in my heart...
 
Are you waiting for me to offer up
that one habit that keeps thwarting
my best plans and good intentions?

Could you be waiting for me to offer you
a dig-down-deep generosity 
with my financial resources?

Maybe you're waiting on a spring cleaning 
of those hidden schemes and desires
distracting me from walking closer to you?

Or are you waiting for me to offer up,
well, you know, Lord,
waiting for me to let go 
that one thing I cling to so jealously?

I'm pretty sure you might be waiting on all of these, Lord, 
but we both know the truth:
the best I can offer in each case here is
   - a more honest personal inventory
   - the desire to change and grow
   - a step, maybe two, in the right direction
   - a prayer for the grace of a new beginning
   - my gratitude for your patience
       with my Monday morning offerings...

Been thinking 'bout what I might offer you
on this first Monday morning in June, Lord,
and it comes to mind there might be things, 
even many things,
you've been waiting for me to let go of:
   so I pray for the grace to begin again
   to lift up and offer my life to you
   a step, and hour, a day at a time...

Amen.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!