6/7/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/7

 
 
Good and gracious God:
   - in spite of my faults, too many, too great,
        your will to forgive has no limits or bounds...
   - not fooled by the ways I discount my own sins,
        you reach out in love to heal and restore me...
    - no matter how often I need to be pardoned,
        the well of your mercy never runs dry...
   - although I might sometimes presume on your grace
        you never reject my heart's contrite prayer...
   - for all my delay in admitting my faults,
        your forgiveness is always ready and swift...
   - notwithstanding my failure to change my ways,
        you cleanse and forgive me, again and again...
   - disregarding the times I've strayed from your path,
        you guide me home to where I belong...
 
Open my heart to the mercy you offer,
to your love that saves me in spite of myself;
open my soul to the grace you give me
and help me, at last, to change my ways...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake, 
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 

Create In Me by Bob Hurd


 
Create in me a clean heart.
Have mercy on me, God,
in your compassion. 
Remove my sin. 
Wash me from my guilt.

Create in me a clean heart.

O purify my heart and
teach me wisdom
then I shall be
whiter than the snow.

Create in me a clean heart.

O give me back the joy
of your salvation;
a willing spirit
sustain in me.

Create in me a clean heart.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!