6/17/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 6/17

 
It's a good thing, Lord, to pause often
and remember gratefully, 
people and places from my past
and all the good times I spent with them:
moments of blessing with people I love
whose memory's a joy each time I recall
the grace of their place in my life... 

Each memory shines like a jewel
carefully stored in my soul:
a treasure chest of grace and gifts
shared over so many years;
love's souvenirs, polished 
and shining all the brighter
for my turning them over and over
in the folds of my grateful heart...

So many people in so many places,
so many happy times
shared with family and friends:
more than my memory recalls,
more than I ever deserved,
more than my heart can hold...

There's a place and a time, Lord,
especially at sunset,
for remembering, enjoying and meeting again
the love of family and friends:
each one your gift to me,
embedded in my heart,
lifted up to you in prayer...

Protect my precious memories
as I treasure them tonight
and let them fill my dreams, Lord, while I'm asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

There Is A Place by Liam Lawton, performed by James Kilbane



There's a time for remembering, a time to recall
The trials and the triumphs, the fears and the falls.
There's a time to be grateful for the moments so blest:
The jewels of our memory where love is our guest.


There is gold that is gleaming in a past we once knew:
In our tears and our laughter, 'twas love brought us through.
There's a road we have traveled where sunlight has kissed,
That carries us onwards when loved ones are missed.


There is treasure in our fields. There is treasure in our skies.
There is treasure in our dreaming from the soul to the eye;
For wherever we gather in the light of God's grace,
And for all whom we remember, there will ever be a place.


In the quiet of the evening, at the close of the day,
We will rest on the journey. To the Lord we shall pray.
May we thank God for blessings, for the moments we've shared.
As we seek for tomorrow, close by us you'll stay.


There is treasure in our fields. There is treasure in our skies.
There is treasure in our dreaming from the soul to the eye;
For wherever we gather in the light of God's grace,
And for all whom we remember, there will ever be a place.



    

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!