6/15/21

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/15

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For some reason, Lord, 
I've been recently aware
of just how much, how often
    I talk to you
    call on you
    plead with you
    grumble at you
    chat with you   
    touch base with you
    bend your ear
    debate you 
    promise you
    whisper to you
    praise you
    whine at you
    check in with you
    complain to you
    thank you     
    and ask you to forgive me:
my running conversation with you, Lord,
off and on, all day long
and even as I lie in bed at night... 
 
I know you'd prefer I'd slow down
and sit down and once or twice a day 
spend some time with you, Lord: quality time, 
just you and me, one or one, heart to heart 
- and I know you know 
I want that too...
 
But while I'm working on that
(and you're working on me!)
I'm grateful that you're there, Lord,
for our friendly give-and-take,
the running conversation 
that holds my day together
and binds my heart to yours...
 
Amen.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!