6/14/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/14


Sometimes, Lord,
my best prayer is just to sit with you:
in the quiet, in the silence, in the darkness...

Sometimes, Lord,
my most honest prayer is a simple silence,
a silence uttered wordlessly in your presence...

Sometimes, Lord,
the prayer that says the most
is the prayer with the fewest words...

Sometimes, Lord,
my greatest prayer is found
just in your heart meeting mine...

Sometimes, Lord, a quiet song is helpful
when a tune without words
says it all and says it best...

The time for quiet is at hand, Lord,
my heart and the simple tune are ready,
let us pray...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm still awake
and watch over me when I fall sleep
that awake, I might keep prayerful watch with you
and asleep, rest quietly in your peace...

Amen.

For tonight's prayer, find a quiet place
and in the silence, simply be with God...
let this simple, wordless song tell
the silent love you have for God
and the love God has for you...

Summer Isles: Hymn of the Highlands 
by Harald Kobler and Brass Band Fröschl Hall



 The lush tones of the solo instrument here come from a euphonium.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!