7/1/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 7/1

Unfortunately, the technical difficulties with my blog and migrating to a new email subscription service are increasing rather than decreasing.  I'm working on resolving these issues as quickly as possible!  Your patience is much appreciaated!

My first prayer tonight, Lord, 
is for the grace of acceptance: 
   for the serenity to accept what comes 
   with patience and composure and most of all 
   with trust in you and in your help 
   no matter what tomorrow brings...
 
My second prayer, Lord, is for strength: 
   for the strength to accept what comes 
   as part of your plan, a plan larger than anything 
   I can now understand or grasp but nonetheless, 
   a plan for my life that's in your care 
   precisely because you love me -
      in good times and in bad, 
      in sickness and in health,
      in crisis and in leisure,
      and in every joy and every sorrow 
      that touches and fills my heart...

My third prayer, Lord, is this:
   open my eyes and heart 
   to any way that I might be the answer 
   to the needs someone else might pray tonight, 
   to the many ways that all of us 
   might be there for each other
   in times of fear and trouble...

And that's my prayer tonight, Lord, 
along with millions of others  
who go to bed tonight, restless and worried 
over what tomorrow may bring...
 
Protect us Lord, as we try to find sleep 
and watch over us when we do 
that awake, we may keep watch with you 
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

 
  Be With Me, Lord by Marty Haugen  

   

Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble,
be with me, Lord, I pray.

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
who abide in the shadow of our God,
say to the Lord, "My refuge and fortress,
the God in whom I trust!"

No evil shall befall you, no pain come near,
for the angels stand close by your side,
guiding you always and bearing you gently,
watching over your life.

Those who cling to the Lord live secure in God's love,
lifted high those who trust in God's name.
Call on the Lord who will never forsake you,
God will bring you salvation and joy.

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!