7/13/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 7/13

It's so easy in the moment, Lord,
to see no more than cloudy skies:
to fear the rain might never end,
the sun not shine again...

It's so easy to convince myself
that this day's troubles are my life,
their burden my sad lot,
that peace will never come... 

It's so easy to forget, Lord,
how many storms I've weathered,
the amazing grace you've offered
to keep me safe and sound...

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I've come, Lord, and survived:
your grace has led me safe thus far,
your grace will lead me home...

Protect me, Lord, again, tonight
as I worry, toss and turn
and when I finally fall asleep,
keep vigil until dawn
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.

Amazing Grace by Peter Hollens/Home Free


(If the widget for the song does not show above, click here!)

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound 
That saved a wretch like me. 
I once was lost, but now I'm found. 
Was blind, but now I see. '
 
Twas grace that taught my heart to feel 
And grace my fears relieved. 
How precious did that grace appear 
The hour I first believed. 
 
Through many dangers toils and snares 
I have already come '
Twas grace that led me safe that far 
And grace will lead me home 
 
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures
 
When we’ve been there ten thousand years, 
Bright shining as the sun, 
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise 
Than when we’d first begun. 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!