8/22/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 8/22


On Sundays, Night Prayer takes its theme from an element of
the day's mass. Tonight we pray with Marty Haugen's setting
of today's responsorial: Psalm 16.
 
How often, how easily I forget, Lord,
that you are my inheritance,
that no greater fortune is mine
than my faith in your mercy and love...
 
How often, how easily I forget, Lord,
all the times, all the ways
you've been faithful to me:
you 're my healing and hope,
my wisdom and safety,
my way, my truth, my life...

Keep me mindful, Lord,
of the gifts I've received
and the treasure you promise,
what's yet to come,
for those who are heirs
to eternal life...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

If the musical widget does not appear below, click here!
 
Psalm 16 by Marty Haugen,
    performed by SaintAnthonyCantors 
 
 
You are my inheritance, O Lord!
 
Faithful God, I look to you,
you alone my life and fortune,
never shall I look to other gods,
you shall be my one hope.
 
From of old you are my heritage,
you my wisdom and my safety,
through the night you speak within my heart,
silently you teach me. 

So my heart shall sing for joy,
in your arms I rest securely,
you will not abandon me to death,
you shall not desert me.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!