9/27/21

Monday Morning Offering: 9/27

Image: George Mendoza

 
The author of this prayer is 74 years old
  but he thinks folks of any age can make the same prayer! 
 
Good morning, good God!

Been thinking, Lord,
been thinking 'bout what to offer you today
but nothing I came up with seemed just right
- and then it dawned on me - 
maybe I need to offer you the whole enchilada,
the works, the whole kit and caboodle...
 
Maybe I need to offer you - me!
Yes, that's it! 
I need to offer you,
I want to offer you 
- the rest of my life...
 
And if I'm right about this, Lord,
and I think I am... well, I hope I am...
    (maybe I'm afraid I am?)
then I've also got lots of questions to offer, 
 questions like:
    Just how long is the rest of my life?
    How will I spend the rest of my life?
    What are YOUR plans, Lord 
        for the rest of my life? 
    What blessings and joys are in store for me?
    And the losses and sorrows I know will come
        - will I find the faith to endure their pain?
    What challenges wait to test me 
        and prove my trust in your love  for me?
    How will the time ahead prepare me, Lord
        for time beyond all time, the timelessness
            of life with you forever?

All these questions are mine, Lord, 
    because the rest of the life I offer you
is a story spun from your mystery,
    unfolding now in ways beyond my ken...

But now's the time (it's always time)
    to offer you the life you've offered me:
the life I've known, the love I've lived
    and the rest of my  life - all yours!
 
So there it is, Lord: the full monty, 
    all nine yards and the whole ball of wax;
the rest of my life, offered today,
    into your hands from my heart to you...

Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!