9/26/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 9/26


On Sundays, Night Prayer draws from an element of the day's celebration of mass. Tonight we reflect on today's response to the first reading, Psalm 19. 
 
Lord, you have the words of everlasting life!
 
That's what we sang
    and that's what I believe, Lord:
I just wish I could hear you speak
    those words of everlasting life...

Even when I find myself a quiet place
    to sit with you in silence,
even when your Spirit comes
    to still the noise within me,
even when I concentrate 
    and wait and strain to hear you speak,
even then, Lord, a hush is all I hear...

So remind me, Lord, of those sweet words
    I know and trust you speak,
loving words addressed to me
    all day and through the night...

Let me hear in faith and in my heart
    your words of everlasting life,
words to heal my brokenness,
    to bring me to your peace...

Let me hear you 
    when you tell me:
        I created you. 
        I love you.
        I know and call your name.     
        I forgive you and I pardon you.
        Draw near, don't be afraid.
        I'm your shepherd and your shelter.
        I'm the light upon your path. 
        I'm the healing of your brokenness.   
        I'm your way, your truth, your life.
        I'll always have your back.
        I'll lead you and I'll guide you.
        I'll never let you go.          
        I hold you in my arms.          
        I'm with you day and night.
        I'll  never leave your side. 
        You're the apple of my eye.
        You're my delight, you're my beloved.
        You are mine and I am yours.
 
Let your words of everlasting life
    sound in my ears and in my heart
let me hear the words you whisper,
    the song you sing for me...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.  
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!  

Psalm 19 by Michael Joncas


Lord, you have the words of everlasting life.

The law of the Lord is perfect, 
refreshing the soul;
the decree of the Lord is trustworthy,
giving wisdom to the simple.
 
The precepts of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the command of the Lord is clear,
enlightening the eye.
 
The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever;
the ordinances of the Lord are true,
all of them just.
 
They are more precious than gold,
than a heap of purest gold;
sweeter also than syrup
or honey from the comb.
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!