10/4/21

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 10/4


Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

It's the feast of Saint Francis
and the words of his prayer are on my mind
and in my heart...

This morning, Lord, I come to you with Brother Francis
and offer you my prayer, shaped by his...

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace...

Where there is hatred, let me sow love... 

When politics tempt me to hate the other side,
when my envy delights in workplace intrigue,
when my thoughts walk the paths of anger's edge:
    teach me to love as you have loved me...


Where there is injury, pardon...


When words cut sharp as knives,
when idle gossip tears apart,
when careless deeds wound deeply:
    teach me to pardon and heal
    as you have healed and pardoned me...

Where there is despair, hope...

Teach me, Lord, 
    to hope when I'm not sure of many things,
    to trust when I'm so ready to give up,
    to believe when I'm confused and lost in doubt,
    and share the faith and hope I have
        with those who struggle to believe...

Where there is darkness, light...

Teach me, Lord
     to trust in your light through the dark of night,
    to walk by your light when shadows beckon,
    to stand firm in your light when clouds fill the skies
    and to share your light with all who seek it...

Where there is sadness, joy...

Lighten my heart with the gifts of your Spirit,
    touch my heart with the peace of your presence,
    lift from my heart the burdens I bear
    and grant me the gift, the grace of your joy...

O Divine Master...
Help me find my peace in making peace
    and know your love in loving those I know:
    may the needs of others shape and mold my heart. 
Teach me to love as I am loved,    
    to forgive as I am pardoned,
    and to die to self that I might live
    and rise to share your peace... 
 
Saint Francis: pray for us!
 
Amen. 
 
If a video does not appear below, click here!
 
Make Me A Channel of Your Peace by Sebastian Temple


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!