11/26/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 11/26

  

Where I live, Lord
the temperature is dropping
day by day - and night by night!
 
A few days ago 
I searched my bureau, my closet
and the trunk of my car 
for wool hats, warm gloves and scarves
to wrap me up and keep me warm
against the cold that shivers in my limbs...
 
But only prayer, Lord, melts the chill
that settles in my soul
when hope in frosted darkness fades
at this lonely time of year...

Hold me close, Lord - swaddle me -
in the warmth of your embrace
until my soul's aglow with heat
from the furnace of your heart...
 
Bundle me up in your grace, Lord, 
and warm me for the work of wrapping the homeless
in the comfort of thick blankets
and woolen hats and glove and scarves
to protect them from the elements
and the cold death 
of being forgotten...

Clothe your people in your love, Lord,
that we might warm each other 
in the warmth you share with us...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!