1/2/22

12 Days of NIGHT PRAYER for Christmas 1/2


 
When do the Twelve Days of Christmas begin?   They begin Christmas Day itself, leading us to TWELFTH NIGHT, the eve of Epiphany, January 6.  Through these dozen days, Night Prayer will focus each evening on one of the many gifts we've received from God.  Tonight: the Word of God...
 
On the ninth day of Christmas,
the good Lord gave to me:
    God's Word abiding,
    Mercy after mercy,
    New Year beginning,
    Hope for tomorrow,
    Friends as good as gold,
    Faith in God above,
    Angels sent from heaven,
    Shepherds keeping watch
    And a Child born in Bethlehem town!
 
Lord, I never hear you speak 
   as I hear others speak to me
but I do hear you speak
    in a thousand different ways...
 
I hear you whisper in the breeze
    and howl in the storm...
 
I hear you speaking
    in my intuition and my conscience 
        in my imagination and my musing,
            in my thoughts, ideas and dreams...
 
I hear the beauty of your voice
    in the turning of the tide 
        and the changing of the seasons...

I hear your simple wisdom speak
    in all that's true and pure and just...
 
I hear your voice proclaimed in scripture,
    ever ancient, ever new...

I hear the music of your spirit
   sounding deep within my soul...
 
I hear your mercy and compassion
    and your healing consolation
in the words of all who speak to me,
    my family, friends and neighbors...

I hear you 
    speak within the silence,
    call me in the quiet
    and tell me in the stillness
        that you love me
        and will forever more...

I listen with my mind and heart,
    my soul and all my longing
and I hear you, Lord, I hear your voice,
    your gracious, saving word...
 
Speak to me, Lord, speak and tell me 
    what I long to hear,
    what I want to hear,
    what I need to hear
        to know that you are near...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
               
Word of God, Speak
 
If video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!