1/21/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 1/21


If only I'd trust your promises, Lord,
    with the hope I have that spring will come...

If only I'd serve my neighbors' needs
    as well as I generously tend to my own...

If only I'd think as kindly of all
    as I do of my best, my closest friends...

If only I'd do what you ask of me
    as I readily follow my own desires...

If only I'd be as fair and as just
    as I'd have others be with me...

If only I'd speak when others are silent
    that my lips might give a voice to truth...

If only I'd hold the weak and the frail
    as you hold me - with gentle strength...

If only my words and deeds were as pure
    as the love you speak and offer me...

If only I'd pardon my neighbor's faults
    with the mercy that's mine when you forgive...

If only I'd make the time for prayer
    that you make for me when I call on your name...

If only I'd open my heart to your wisdom
    as wide as I do to nonsense and folly...

If only I weighed my time as pure gold
    to be treasured and spent with prudence and care...

If only I'd put all my trust in you,
    not in my worries, my doubts and my fears...

If only I'd love you, my Lord, my God,
    as simply, as dearly, as you love me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
  
I would be true, for there are those who trust me; 
I would be pure, for there are those who care; 
I would be strong, for there is much to suffer; 
I would be brave, for there is much to dare. 
I would be friend of all, the foe, the friendless; 
I would be giving, and forget the gift; 
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift. 
 
I would be faithful through each passing moment; 
I would be steadfast in my love of God; 
I would be strong to follow where he leads me; 
I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod. 
And when my earthly pilgrimage is over, 
I would have grace to stand before his throne, 
And come at last into the heavenly kingdom, 
To see my Savior’s face and know as I am known

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!