1/28/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 1/28


I was just thinking
    how you call me to love 
        as you love, Lord;
    how your love overflows 
        with mercy and kindness;
    how you always forgive me,
        again and again;
    how you call me to love, Lord,
        as you love me...
 
I was just thinking, Lord:
    how you bathe me in kindness,
        a gift of pure grace;
    how your mercy stands ready
        before I have sinned;
    how you never refuse
        my prayer for your pardon;
    how you call me to love, Lord,
        as you love me...
 
I was just thinking,
    how you offer me, always,
        a fresh, clean slate;
    how you never hold on
        to a grudge or resentment;
    how you welcome me back,
        time after time;    
    how you call me to love, Lord, 
        as you love me...
 
And so I pray tonight, Lord:
    help me love with your generous kindness;
    help me forgive, again and again;
    help me pardon, freely and fully;
    help me forgive as you forgive me;
    help me to love as you call me to love,
    help me to love, Lord, 
        as you love me...
     
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Where Charity and Love Prevail
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


 
Where charity and love prevail,
there God is ever found;
Brought here together by Christ’s love,
by love are we thus bound.

With grateful joy and holy fear
His charity we learn;
Let us with heart and mind and soul
now love him in return.

Forgive we now each other’s faults
as we our faults confess;
And let us love each other well
in Christian holiness.

Let strife among us be unknown,
let all contention cease;
Be his the glory that we seek,
be ours his holy peace.

Let us recall that in our midst
dwells God’s begotten Son;
As members of his body joined,
we are in Christ made one.

No race or creed can love exclude,
if honored be God’s name;
Our family embraces all
whose Father is the same.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!