1/26/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 1/27


In my corner of the world, Lord,
the forecast is calling for a nor'easter
and the possibility of 12-18 inches of snow:
    let the preparations begin!
 
We'll rush to the stores
for bread and milk, chips and dips,
beer and wine and all manner of comfort foods
as we hunker down for what's to come,
our shovels set by our doors....
 
By Friday they may be predicting sunshine
but for now we'll prepare for the worst:
for the deepest, iciest, heaviest snow
the skies might dump in our laps...

Would that we'd ready ourselves this well
to protects us from weather that comes without fail:
    from gusts of pride,
    clouds of greed,
    gales of power, 
    squalls of anger,
    drifts of lust,
from blizzards that cripple our lives
and our efforts to live in peace
    with our neighbor, 
    with nature,
    with ourselves
    and with you, our Lord and God...
 
Prepare us, Lord,
    make us ready; 
strengthen our will
    to do what's right;
give us wisdom
    to make good choices;
give us faith 
    in you and your word;
plant your love
    deep in our souls
and brace us with grace
    for whatever may come...
 
Protect us, Lord while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Tonight's music, a powerful song,
will touch the hearts of those who right now
are riding through a storm... 
 
Through The Storm by V. Michael McKay
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
The storms of life will blow 
They're sure to come and go 
They meet me at a time 
when I'm calm and doing fine 
 
But the captain of my soul, 
he's always on board 
He rocks me in his arms 
While riding through the storm 
 
While riding through the storm 
Jesus holds me in his arms 
I am not afraid 
of the stormy winds and the waves
Though tides become high 
He holds me while I ride 
I found safety in his arms 
While riding through the storm 
 
I have no fear of the raging sea 
Knowing Jesus is there with me 
He can speak to the winds and the waves 
And make them behave 
All power's in his hand 
On sea or dry land 
I found safety in the master's arms 
While riding through the storm 
 
While I'm riding through the storm 
Jesus holds me in his arms 
No, I'm not afraid 
of the stormy winds and the rains 
Though the tide becomes high 
He holds me while I ride 
I found safety in the master's arms 
While riding through the storm...
 
Yeah, while I'm riding through the storm 
Jesus holds me in his arms 
while I'm riding through the storm 
Let the winds blow, I don't care, 
I'm riding through the storm with Jesus
Let the rains fall down, 
I'm riding through the storm with Jesus 
Jesus is the captain of my soul

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!