1/26/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/27


   

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the road yesterday it struck me that the trees, having shed their leaves a couple months ago, have the sense to spend these cold months in the acceptance of the wintry sleep of their dormancy...  Would that we were as wise as the trees...  Those trees also put me in mind of a prayer I posted many years ago, a prayer I found on Bob Hostetler's Prayer Blog,  a good prayer for this time of year...  

Dormancy
 
Lord, I feel like I'm in a season of dormancy.
Cold.
Quiet.
Still.
Hidden.
Fruitless. 
 
But I believe that I am here
in your will,
with your knowledge
and blessing. 
 
I am here because you know best.
You know what is good for me,
and you make all things beautiful
in your time. 
 
So thank you for this.
Thank you for the awareness
that I am not alone,
and you have not forgotten me...
that you are working in me
as truly and faithfully as in those seasons 
when shoots spring up
and blossoms appear
and fruit is all around. 
 
And when you say the word,
when you decide the time is right,
I will be glad for a season of newness 
and change and growth and fruit,
in your name.
 
Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!