1/12/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/13


Bumped into an old friend today, Lord,
someone I've been out of touch with 
for a number of years
- and for no particular reason...
 
We didn't have an argument or a fight,
neither one of us moved far away
but for some reason or reasons
we did drift away from each other
until we'd all but lost touch...
 
And then today our paths crossed, only briefly,
but I believe the connection we made
will result in getting together soon,
just as we promised each other...
 
Sometimes, Lord, it's just like this
between you and me...
 
We drift away from each other  
- well, to be more accurate -
I drift away from you:
no argument or fight
but for some reason or reasons
I lose touch with you...

And then I bump into you again
- or, to be more accurate -
you make it your business to bump into me
and there we are: I can't ignore you, 
I don't want to ignore you,
I'm grateful, I'm glad, for the reconnection!

And I believe our graced reunion
will result in our getting together more often,
just as I promised my old friend today...

Thanks for seeking me out, Lord,
thanks for meeting me right where I was walking,
thanks for bumping into me 
and thanks for being so happy to see me!

I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon
- or, to be more accurate - 
to seeing you every day...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
You Found Me by Canyon Worship
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!