1/13/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 1/13

    Image source
 
In New England, in the winter,
there are two kinds of people:
   those who fear the cold
   and those who don't...

And as you know, Lord,
I'm in the second group:
   I live in a warm home.
   I sleep in a warm bed. 
   I eat warm food.
   I have warm clothes 
      (in different weights, colors and styles).
   I have sweaters, knit hats, gaiters,
      gloves, scarves and earmuffs.
   A remote starter warms my car
      before I leave the house.
   I pray in a warm church.
   I have family and friends
      who love me warmly...
 
I don't fear the cold, Lord
    - truth is, I barely know it!
I might shudder and shiver 
    when the mercury drops
but I'm wrapped in wool, 
    thermally insulated,
    swaddled in layers of warmth
    shielding me from frost and freezing...
 
In New England, in the winter,
there are two kinds of people:
   those who fear the cold
   and those who don't...
 
And this morning, Lord,
   I'm praying for the folks in the first group...

Lest I take for granted
   the warmth I know so well
move me this winter, this week, Lord,
   to reach out to those who help the people
       in danger of freezing to death...

Warm my heart to be generous, Lord,
    providing shelter for the homeless
and wooly warmth for those who shiver
   in the cold, alone, all night...

Teach us to keep each other warm, Lord,
   sharing the heat of your heart, 
      burning with love for us
   in New England, in the winter,
      and all the year around...
 
Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!