1/13/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 1/13

 
Because you are my Lord and God,
    I believe you hear every prayer, 
    ever offered,
    in every place and time
    by every one 
    of all your sons and daughters...
 
Though we call out to you by the billions
    and though our prayers echo, echo, echo,
        reverberating through centuries and millennia
    not a word, a whisper, a breath, a prayerful thought
        escapes your full and undivided attention... 

And so, because you are my Lord and God,
    I trust with all my heart and soul,
        you'll hear my prayer tonight...

My prayer might not be the loudest or the longest,
    the most pious or poetic, 
    the neediest or most urgent,
    the most original or sincere,
    the most reverent or faithful
- in fact, my prayer might be offhanded,
    preoccupied or selfish,
    repetitive and rote, inattentive, half-asleep,
    clumsy in its phrasing - little more than just a grunt
and yet you'll hear me, Lord, you'll hear my plea
   as if I were the only one this night
    to dare to raise my eyes
    and lift my mind and heart to you
    in prayer...

I don't know when or how you'll answer me:
   if you'll say yes or you'll say no,
   if you'll say maybe or not now;
I only know you'll hear me when I call,
    when my prayer echoes, echoes, echoes 
        in your heart of hearts, O Lord,
        when my heart speaks to yours...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 
Heart of Hearts by Don Williams
 

In your heart of hearts there is a voice
It speaks from truth and not from choice
It sees it all not just in part
Deep inside your heart of hearts
 
A secret place known to your soul
Where you can't hide but you can go
When it's all too much and you fall apart 
There's a state of grace called your heart of hearts
 
Just listen to your life, it's talking to you
There'll always be a light that's running through ya
Flowing from a well that never runs dry
 
When you're at the point down on your knees
You can find your weakness can be your strength
Cause where one ends, the other starts
Deep inside your heart of hearts
 
Just listen to your life, it's talking to you
There'll always be a light that's running through ya
Flowing from a well that never runs dry
 
In your heart of hearts, there is a voice
It speaks from truth, and not from choice
It sees it all not just in part
Deep inside your heart of hearts


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!