2/18/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 2/18


I'd never try to second-guess your wisdom, Lord,
but so very often I just can't figure out 
    what you're up to,
    or why you do things the way you do
    or why you do them when you do
    or why sometimes it's seems 
    you're not doing anything at all...

I don't know how or when or if
    your healing hand might touch me
    your Spirit's grace might calm me
    or your gift of peace might fill and free 
    my anxious, waiting heart
 and yet, 
    I trust you're by my side,
    that you hear my every prayer,
    that you bear in your own heart
    each ache and hurt that burdens mine... 

I cannot know just when you'll move
    or give an answer to my prayer
so until then, be with me, Lord,
    and hold me in your love...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and guard me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

We Cannot Measure How You Heal by John Bell

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 


We cannot measure how you heal
or answer every sufferer’s prayer,
yet we believe your grace responds
where faith and doubt unite to care.
Your hands, though bloodied on the cross
survive to hold and heal and warn,
to carry all through death to life
and cradle children yet unborn.

The pain that will not go away,
the guilt that clings from things long past,
the fear of what the future holds
are present as if meant to last.
But present too is love which tends
the hurt we never hoped to find,
the private agonies inside
the memories that haunt the mind.

So some have come who need your help,
and some have come to make amends,
as hands which shaped and saved the world
are present in the touch of friends.
Lord, let your Spirit meet us here
to mend the body, mind and soul,
to disentangle peace from pain
and make your broken people whole.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!