2/16/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 2/15

Yesterday, a friend wrote me about wanting to make some personal changes in his life.  Our conversation reminded me of a few things I'd like to change in my life - and that reminded me of a prayer I once posted  - on wanting to change.  After some further work, this new version comes this evening....

I really want to change -
    so, help me, God!

And because I find change hard,
I pray, Lord, that you would:

challenge my nonsense
with caution and wisdom... 

correct my mistakes
with your words of truth... 

stir to life
what I've failed to nurture...
          kick my butt
          when I'm slow to move...

          inspire me
          when my mind's grown dull...
flood my heart
with a river of peace...

illumine my darkness
with the light of hope...

strengthen my weakness
with sinews of grace...
          encourage me
          when I'm afraid...
raise me up 
when I'm feeling down...
          calm me down
          when I'm anxious and nervous...
 
           lift me up 
           when I've fallen down...
heal my heart
with mercy and kindness...

map out a path
that leads me to you...

make me the person
you call me to be... 
I really want to change -
    so, help me, God!
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake,
watch over me while I sleep, 
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Change My Heart, O God by Eddie Espinosa
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!

 
 

    Image source

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!