4/11/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 4/11


Take, O Take Me As I Am by John Bell
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 


Take, O take me as I am, Lord,
    not as I wish I might have been,
    not as I wish I were,
    not as I wanted to be today,
    not as I hope to be tomorrow
    but just as I am today:
        the person who stands before you
        knowing there's nothing about me
        you don't already know...
Take me in your arms, Lord, just as I am...
 
Summon out what I shall be, Lord,
    Summon to the surface what I'm afraid to face
        and pardon what needs mercy
        mend what has been  broken,
        and heal my every wound...
    Summon from my depths, Lord,
        the person you created me to be,
        made in your image and likeness,
        loved by you since before all time...
Summon me just as I am, Lord,
    to stand in the light of your love...

Set your seal upon my heart, Lord,
    and with the touch of your gentle hand: 
        seal my soul with mercy,
        seal my heart with love,
        seal my thoughts with wisdom
        and my soul with saving grace...
 
Touch my soul with your love, Lord,
    and set your seal upon my heart... 
 
And live in me, Lord...
    dwell in me, dwell with me 
        in peace and in joy,
    dwell deep inside me, 
        my friend and companion:
        my soul's own housemate,
        my heart's desire
            who desires me...
Come into my heart as it beats today
    and stay with me, Lord, all the days of my life...

Amen.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!