4/30/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 4/30


When my soul's bone dry, shrunk by grief
    and thirsty for solace and comfort,
then make of my heart a sponge, Lord,
    parched, absorbent and porous,
    waiting to soak in waters of mercy,
        streams of lasting peace... 
 
 
Make of my heart a sponge, Lord,
    drinking in every consoling word,
        every sweet memory of happier days,
every photo of good times past,
    every lyric of every tune        
        of every song that soothes my soul...
 

 
Make of my heart a sponge, Lord,
    moistened by tears of sorrow and joy, 
        immersed in waves of grief and hope,
            imbibing the love of family and friends...
 

 
Make of my heart a sponge, Lord,
    filled with the waters of saving grace,
        soaked in the promise of life to come,
            drenched in the hope only faith supplies...
 

 
Make of my heart a sponge, Lord,
    to hold and to keep every warm embrace,
        every story told, every silence shared,
    every email and text, every word and prayer
        that touches my soul with healing peace...
 
 
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Come, Fill My Heart by Stephen Kramer
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!