5/27/22

Am I learning to live with the horror?

 

You can learn to live with anything 
   - when it happens by degrees...

Those were recurring words in the song I chose for yesterday's Night Prayer: By Degrees.
 
Even as I posted the song I thought, "Well, I'm not really learning to live with what's happening in schools and other public places around the country."

But then I questioned myself: 
How and when did the phrase "school shooting" 
   become an accepted phrase in my vocabulary? in our American vocabulary?  
How did I come use and live with the horror of those words?  
How did these words come to slip off my tongue as easily as
   school bus?  school teacher? school vacation?  
 
By degrees - that's how - by degrees... 
 

By Degrees by Mark Erelli
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!