5/11/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 5/11

 
You neither sleep nor slumber, you're wide awake, Lord: 
24/7,  present and vigilant, night and day,
stirring within me taking no rest,
ever at work in my heart and soul...

So I wonder, Lord:
  how might you move in my soul through the night?
  how might you strengthen, encourage and heal me?
  how might you touch my heart while I dream?
  how might you comfort, hold and console me?
 
I often miss, in my waking hours,
your whisper, your touch and your Spirit's nudge 
so I can't help but wonder - and want to learn -
what grace I miss when I'm sound asleep...

Help me trust, then, Lord, that you're moving within me
even when I may seem dead to the world;
that your mercy and grace are shaping my life
in wonderful ways that are mystery to me...
 
Open my mind, my heart and my soul
that when I wake from a good night's rest
I discover, recover and treasure dear
all your gifts to me in my sleep and dreams...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
In the Silent Hours of Night  by Richard Proulx

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!



In the silent hours of night bless the Lord.

O come bless the Lord, all you who serve the Lord,
who stand in the house of the Lord,
in the courts of the house of our God.

Lift up your hands to the holy place
and bless the Lord through the night.

May the Lord bless you from Zion,
he who made both heaven and earth.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever. 
Amen.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!