6/20/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 6/20


Tomorrow's the summer solstice,
the official beginning of summer,
the longest day of the year...
 
I love this day, Lord!
It's the fullness of all the daily addition 
of minutes of light and warmth,
begun back in last December, just around the 21st...

So many times since then, Lord,
I've been blind to nature's daily commitment
to lengthen the day and it's light:
    in my impatience - I want it all now! -
    and so I miss the daily victory
    of light overcoming the night...
 
But as soon as the longest day has arrived,
earth's axis, slowly, begins to tilt
away from the sun, from its warmth and its light
and the days begin to shorten...  
 
You have no clock, Lord, 
no calendar of changing seasons
for with you - all is now...
 
No matter the season or length of day
I can always, can only find you now,
in the moment, at hand...
 
Tilt me ever and always toward your light, Lord,
toward the warmth and solace you offer me
in season and out of season,
day or night (long or short)
ever and always in the moment at hand...
 
Teach me to live in your time, Lord,
in the timelessness of your Spirit and grace,
in the day you've made, the only day
that's mine to live,
mine to share 
in love with you and others...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
In His Time by Diane Ball
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!