6/14/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/14


It's at the end of day, Lord,
when folks most feel the heaviness
of all that's weighing on their hearts
- so I pray tonight for those who feel:

overburdened with worries and cares,
overextended and just exhausted,
overworked and underpaid,
overruled with no appeal,
over involved and burning out,
overboard without a line,
overthinking nagging  thoughts,
overshadowed, in the dark,
overcome by grief and sorrow,
overlooked and left alone,
overturned by other voices,
overcautious, stuck in fear,
0verprotected, smothered, stifled, 
overpowered, trapped and cornered,
over anxious, plagued by doubt,
overtired and worn out,
overwhelmed by daily life...
For all of these I pray, Lord:
     with the power of your Spirit, 
     raise them up and out from under 
     all that seeks to overstep
     the hope, the love, the grace and joy
     you offer every day...

Protect us, Lord, as we stay awake,
watch over us as we sleep,
that awake, we may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

You Raise Me Up performed by Josh Groban

 If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!



When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!