6/24/22

Pause for Prayer: Friday 6/24

    Sacred Heart by Salvador Dali

The month of June is observed as a special month to honor the Heart of Jesus and today is the annual Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus...
 
I love you, Lord, 
   for your shepherd's heart, 
        leading me safely home

   for your holy heart, 
        opened for me on your Cross
 
   for your gentle heart, 
        pierced by the lance of my sins 
 
   for your wounded heart, 
        bleeding the mercy I need
 
   for your loving heart, 
        hiding me deep in its folds

   for your healing heart, 
        soothing my broken spirit

   for your patient heart,
        waiting for me to come 'round
 
   for your tender heart, 
       grace for me in my stubbornness 

   for your generous heart, 
        overflowing with kindness and blessing
 
   for your just heart, 
        my font of wisdom and truth

   for your divine heart, 
        a refuge for my humanity

   for your gracious heart, 
        source of my song and my joy
 
   for your timeless heart, 
        at home in my finite world
 
   for your human heart, 
        burdened once like my own 
 
   for your selfless heart, 
        emptied for me in compassion 

   for your boundless heart, 
        filling my soul  with praise and prayer

   for your redeeming heart, 
        making me whole once again

   for your forgiving heart:
        my pardon, my peace and my hope

   for your cosmic heart,
         finding a home in my human frame
 
   for your centered heart:
         still point of peace within me

   for your robust heart,
         empowering me when I'm frail

   for your liberating heart,
         unlocking, undoing all that binds me
 
   for your creative heart, 
        sparking my dreams and desires
 
   for your seductive heart, 
        sweeping me off my feet
 
   for your saving heart, 
        delivering me from evil
 
   for your consoling heart, 
        balm for my sorrow and grief
 
   for your peaceful heart, 
        safe harbor when storm clouds threaten

   for your risen heart, 
        the promise of life everlasting...
 
O holy, patient, healing heart of Jesus,
   I place my trust, my hope, in you;
O strong and gentle heart of Christ,
   accept my praise and prayer as this day dawns...

Amen.

    performed by The Stellar Singers 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!




The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foe,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!