6/22/22

Pause for Prayer: Thursday 6/23



Lord, sometimes I look back on the days, the week, the month just past, and I catch a glimpse or two of how your grace has brought me to this day  --   through trials and troubles that seemed (just days or weeks ago) impossible, irreparable, impassable...

But, here I am today, Lord, in the midst this crazy world, and with your help I've made my way through thick and thin, through the dark of last night to this day's dawn.  I made it, Lord -- but only with your help and by your grace... 

I so often miss your helping hand, the ways you reach out to encourage and support me: you lift me up when I'm down; you lead me on when I hang back; you draw me out of my resentment and self-pity; you help see my life clearly, in the light of your word and your truth...

I get in my own way, Lord:  I look down instead of up; I look in instead of out;  I think the worst and not the best; I give up hope when trust is what I need the most...

I get in my own way: I close my eyes and ears, my mind and heart to the ways you're there, right by my side, always guarding, leading and guiding me...

I get in my own way, Lord, I trip over disappointment, fear and worry.  I get in my own way and fail to see you're there for me in just the ways I need you.  I get in my own way and miss the many ways you call me to wake up, get up, shape up, grow up, step up, face up to the challenges before me...

One day at a time is all you ask of me, Lord  --  and a day at a time is just how often you reach out to bring me through troubles and trials that - just yesterday - seemed impossible, impassable, irreparable...

Lord, sometimes I look back on the days, weeks and months just past, and I catch a glimpse or two of how your grace has brought me safe thus far. Give me a glimpse or two today, Lord, glimpses of your presence and the grace you offer me day after day after day...

Amen. 

Day After Day by John Andrew Schreiner and Walt Harrah 

 If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Day after day after day, you have been faithful to me.
Day after day after day I've known your grace...

Day after day, week after week, year after year,
I will declare your glory
I will declare your greatness
I will praise... your... name...
 
Day after day after day, you are my Savior, my friend.
Day after day after day, I'm not alone...

Day after day, week after week, year after year,
You will be right beside me
You'll be here to guide me
I will praise... your... name...
 
Day after day, day after day... oh...
 
Day after day after day, you have been faithful to me.
Day after day after day I've known your grace. 

Day after day, week after week, year after year,
I will declare your glory
I will declare your greatness
I will praise... your name...
 
Day after day. after day... 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!