6/12/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 6/12


What a week this has been, Lord,
- a week not without its sadness -
but at the same time:
a week of your presence and your peace,
your grace and inspiration,
a week blessed by family ties
a week when faith was tested, tried and proved,
a week when hope in you became our bridge
    to solace, consolation and survival,
a week when love was what we needed most
    and love was what we found in you, in prayer,
        and in one another's arms...

And the peace of this place, Lord:
    mountain lakes and streams,
    shades of green I've never seen;
    space where one can live, breathe, walk and be;
    friendly people everywhere who smile, wave, and speak,
        who ask you how you are - and wait to listen;
    and the mystery of your Spirit here, stirring in my soul,
        shushing my worries, centering my attention,
       dismissing foolish thoughts, fine-tuning my discernment,
       and teasing me to open wide my heart
       to your word, your love, your truth... 

So much peace, Lord:
not too much peace but well, just perhaps,
more peace than I need
- so generous have you been.

I'll be bold then and ask, Lord,
if you'll take and share with others 
some of my abundance,
share a portion of my bounty 
with those who live for, 
hunger, thirst and search for
even some of the peace 
I've prayed for and found
these past few days...
 
Be generous everywhere you turn, Lord,
for we all need so much
the gifts, the blessings and the peace
that are only yours to give... 
 
Protect us, Lord while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
  
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!