7/22/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 7/22 alon


Just to know 
    I'm not alone in this, Lord...

Just to know 
    so many are praying with me...

Just to know that others, too:
    call on your name, 
    seek you out,
    rest in your presence,
    nap in your arms,
    reach for your hand,
    lean on your shoulder,
    open their hearts,
    cry out in pain,
    plead their cause,
    tell you their stories,
    implore your assistance,
    thirst for your kindness,
    long for your comfort,
    hunger for your wisdom,
    pour out their grief,
    share their joy,
    appeal to your mercy,
    advocate for others,
    long for your healing,
    trust in your strength,
    listen for your word,
    search out your counsel,
    depend on your grace,
    hunger for your blessing,
    wait for your answer,
    hope in your promises,
    pray for your Spirit
    and trust in your love...
     
Just to know, Lord,
    that I'm not alone in prayer...

Just to know that others are with me,
    right at this moment, 
        joining me in my prayer...

Just to know, Lord, that I'm not alone
    in believing that you're there,
    trusting that you hear me,     
    leaning on your mercy,
    counting on your goodness,
    waiting on your faithfulness,
    sure that you will answer me
        with grace, in peace,
            and all in your good time...

Just to know 
    I'm not alone in this...

Just to know 
    I pray with others, 
        that others pray with me...
 
Just to know, Lord,
    that you are always with us...

Just to know this is, already, Lord,
    an answer to my prayer...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Tonight's music is a mantra from Taize,
    a simple, prayerful repeating invocation.
The recording is almost 8 minutes long!
Don't be afraid, we we prayed above,
    to fall asleep and "nap in Jesus' arms..." 
 
Lord, Hear My Prayer by Taize
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 
O Lord, hear my prayer,
O Lord, hear my prayer:
    when I call, answer me.
O Lord, hear my prayer,
O Lord, hear my prayer:
    come and listen to me!

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!