7/21/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 7/21


Lord, how I love the sun
and summer's long, lazy days...

Bittersweet each sunset then
when pastels paint the evening sky
and I lament the loss of one more day
on summer's fading calendar...

Teach me, Lord, to love the night, 
wrapping me in moon glow's folds,
studded with a billion stars
all dancing for my pleasure...

Teach me, Lord, to love the dark,
as much a gift from you as light:
the moon and stars conspiring 
to reveal your presence, ever bright...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
keep moonlight vigil while I sleep,
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

In The Middle of the Night by Lauren Daigle

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!



You are not hidden 
There’s never been a moment 
You were forgotten 
You are not hopeless 
Though you have been broken 
Your innocence stolen 

I hear you whisper underneath your breath 
I hear your SOS, your SOS 

I will send out an army 
To find you in the middle of darkest night 
It’s true I will rescue you 

There is no distance 
That cannot be covered 
Over and over 
You’re not defenseless 
I’ll be your shelter 
I’ll be your armor 
 
I hear you whisper underneath your breath 
I hear your SOS, your SOS 

 I will send out an army
To find you in the middle of darkest night
It’s true I will rescue you 
I will never stop marching
To reach you in the middle of the hardest fight 
It’s true I will rescue you 

I hear the whisper underneath your breath 
I hear you whisper you have nothing left


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!