7/27/22

NIGHT PRAYER: WEDNESDAY 7/27


I was conceived by others, Lord,
then carried nine months in an other's body
to be born of others into a family,
a neighborhood, a church, a world of others
and I spend my life
- at least I'm called to spend my life
loving and serving others
 
but I was first conceived, 
eternally known and loved
    - by you alone;
created unique and individual 
    - by you alone;
made for everlasting union 
    - with you alone:
my humanity and your divinity
on a path to meet and merge,
as though forever 
we'd been meant for each other
as, indeed, we were
and are
and will forever be...
 
With others, then,
    I make my way to you
and through others
    you make your way to me
and in all of this, for all of us
    you are the way
to life and to the truth and peace
    we long for and we seek...

But in the midst of all this otherness, 
I hunger and I thirst, deep in my soul
for tranquil solitude with you:
    an oasis of refreshment for my spirit,
    a sanctuary where I know I'll find you,
    a hideaway where we can be together,
    a refuge from what crowds my thoughts with worry,     
    a haven where I find and know myself
        in finding you, my Lord and Maker,
            my heart's hope and true desire...
 
Send your Spirit then to guide me, Lord,
gently and with grace,
to those times and to those places
where I'll find that peaceful solitude
where you and I can meet
and be as one...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
In God Alone by Taize
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
In God alone my soul can find rest and peace  
In God my peace and joy  
Only in God my soul can find its rest.  
Find its rest and peace.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!