8/22/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/22


It's been a day of frustrations, Lord,
each one actually small on its own account
but all together adding up to one grand annoyance.
 
You know what my frustrations have been, Lord,
and I'd be embarrassed to detail them here
for all my readers to see
because even taken all together,
my vexations are minor, even trivial,
compared to the pain and problems,
the setbacks, stress and strife,
the disappointments many suffer 
every day, around the clock
and year after year after year...
 
So, grant me some perspective
on the molehills I must climb
while my neighbor scales a mountain's height
of turmoil, trials and troubles...

My problems weigh as nothing, Lord,
when seen against my neighbor's load
so free me from my petty woes,
to use my strength and give my heart
to those whose needs are truly great... 
 
Please, give me some perspective,
give me your perspective, Lord,
that I might see with wisdom's eye
what you see in us all...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
God of All My Days by Casting Crowns

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!