8/29/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/29


In the midst of a late afternoon thunderstorm,
the rainbow in the Florida sky was so soft
I almost missed its muted glory...
 
Driving a rental car on an unfamiliar highway 
I didn't dare try to take a photo
but the image rests in my imagination, 
in my heart and into my prayer this evening...

As you set your bow in the heavens in Genesis,
so you set this bow, Lord, to crown my day
of journey, reunion, tears and laughter...
 
And why am I telling you all of this? 
 
You were there, Lord, sitting with us
or maybe just a bit outside our circle, 
looking on, watching, contentedly, as we talked,
sometimes with halting speech
and often with eloquence 
of all we've shared for nearly 50 years 
as friends as close as family...
 
Why am I telling you all of this? 

I'm rehearsing all this to thank you, Lord,
for setting a rainbow in the skies,
crowning my day of  grace with peace,
my life with your healing love...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 

If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
<
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!