8/13/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 8/13

Last night I read that one of my childhood friends has died and that brought back memories of the first three good friends in my life...  I hadn't stayed close to them over the years, but the memory of them is surprisingly and refreshingly clear and filled with grace...

When my thoughts turn back to childhood, Lord,
    I often think of my first three friends:
        Lewis, Allen and Bob...
 
Over the years I've lost touch with them
    but memories survive the passing of time
        and these old memories are as good as gold...

It's three years ago now that Lewis died
    and last night I read of Allen's passing
        from this life to life with you, Lord...

I hold them both in prayer now, Lord,
    trusting that your arms, open in welcome,
        will hold them forever in peace...
 
For friends and their memory I'm grateful, Lord:
    for time together and the love we shared
        so early in our lives...

We walk this rocky road together
    and our paths all lead to you, Lord,
        and to that life that has no end...

Keep me faithful to your path, Lord,
    and one day welcome me
to the place where I'll be young again,
    with you and all my friends...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Friends Are Friends Forever by Michael W. Smith
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. This did it Father Austin, sometimes we need help crying, this helped! Ginny Gallant Sidmore

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!