8/9/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 8/9


I'm always urging others, Lord, to
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
which I sometimes abbreviate to
    PGFWABF!  
and which I've done so often 
    my phone now auto-suggests the short form 
        as soon as I type: PG!
 
I love this prayer, Lord, for the many truths it holds
    in one short and simple line:  
        YOU are God - and I am not.
        My life is filled with gifts
            I could never give myself.
         Every blessing comes from you, Lord
            and for all that I've received
                I owe you all my thanks and praise...
 
This prayer puts things in order, Lord,
    in just the right perspective,
it humbles me and gives me pause
    to ponder your great goodness...
 
When times are tough, resources low,
    stir my heart and mind to prayer
'til I remember all your gifts and 
    Praise you, Lord, 
        from whom all blessings flow! 

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
O God Beyond All Telling by Gustav Holst
    arranged by Rodney Abriol
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 

 
O God beyond all praising,  
We worship you today 
 And sing the love amazing  
That songs cannot repay; 
 
For we can only wonder  
At every gift you send,  
At blessings without number  
And mercies without end. 
 
We lift our hearts before you  
And wait upon your word,  
We honor and adore you,  
Our great and mighty Lord.
 
Then hear, O gracious Savior,  
Accept the love we bring,  
That we who know your favor  
May serve you as our king.
 
And whether our tomorrows  
Be filled with good or ill,  
We'll triumph through our sorrows  
And rise to bless you still:  
 
To marvel at your beauty  
And glory in your ways,  
And make a joyful duty 
Our sacrifice of praise.
 
And whether our tomorrows  
Be filled with good or ill,  
We'II triumph through our sorrows  
And rise to bless you still:
 
To marvel at your beauty  
And glory in your ways,  
And make a joyful duty 
Our sacrifice of praise.
 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!