9/18/22

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 9/19


       Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I offer you the joy, Lord, of all who'll find today
a friend, some peace, a job, some rest,
some needed help, a little time to share a laugh...

And I offer you the heavy hearts 
of those bent low by sorrow, grief and loss;
the hearts of all who weep today 
and call upon your name... 
 
I offer you the peace of those who will today
find healing, hope and trust in you;
a deeper faith - and mercy and forgiveness...
 
I offer you the wounded hearts
of those who've lost in love, in war, in life,
in promises betrayed
and pledges now long broken...
 
I offer you the faith of hearts
reaching for your hand 
when the strength for reaching's gone;
when desire for your touch 
is all that's left...

I offer you the hope of hearts who seek your peace
when caught in war and conflict,
who seek your guiding light 
when the darkness clouds their thoughts...

I offer you the anxious hearts 
of those whose worries burden them,
who wait for comfort, good news
and the grace of consolation...
 
I offer you the love of hearts remembering better days, 
who trust you'll come again, and soon,
with your promised joy and peace...

I offer you the hearts of all 
now gathered here in prayer: 
receive and bless and heal with grace
our  burdened, joyful, sorrowed  souls 
and all our deeds this day...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!