9/19/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 9/19


I was about to thank you, Lord,
    for the gift of this beautiful fall day,
I was going to mention
    it was a gift I didn't deserve
and then I remembered:
    I'm not deserving of any of my blessings,
    I've done nothing to merit them,
    I'm certianly not owed them
    - indeed, I'm the one in debt to you...

Every good thing in my life, Lord,
is a blessing, a grace from you:
    unmerited, freely given,
    from you who owe me nothing
    but to whom I'm in debt 
    up to my ears...
 
Every good thing in m life, Lord:
    this beautiful September day;
    every breath I take;
    my family, my friends
        and all who love and care for me;
    my memories, good and bad alike;
    my imagination and my sense of humor;
    every joy I've ever known and treasured;
    every sadness that has stretched my heart;
    all my talents, abilities and interests,
        intuition, curiosity and sense of wonder;
    and everything I sense and know
        through vision, sight, hearing, taste and touch;
    all this, O Lord, and more, pure gift from you:
        undeserved, unmerited, unearned...

And in return, Lord, I've so little I might offer
    save my gratitude, my humble thank-you,
        my small, empty hands, raised up in prayer...
 
So, thank you, Lord, for this day's gifts 
    and all that fills my heart 
and for your Spirit opening wide my eyes 
    to see how truly blessed I am...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
How Great Thou Art by Home Free
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Oh Lord, my GodWhen I, in awesome wonderConsider all the worlds Thy hands have madeI see the stars, I hear the rolling thunderThy power throughout the universe displayed
 
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to TheeHow great Thou art, how great Thou artThen sings my soul, my Savior God to TheeHow great Thou art, how great Thou art
 
When through the woods 
And forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook and feel the gentle breeze
 
It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul

When Christ shall come
With shout of acclamationAnd take me home, what joy shall fill my heartThen I shall bow, in humble adorationAnd then proclaim, my God, how great Thou art
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!