10/23/22

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 10/24

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Today I offer you all my rough edges
and I pray you'll buff them smooth
with the gift and grist of your grace...

I offer you the many things I've left undone,
unfinished business with you,
with my neighbor and with myself...

Send your Spirit to nudge and guide me
to act, to move, to complete and accomplish
the work that's mine to do...

I offer you my indifferent, apathetic side:
send the power of your Spirit
to stretch, expand and grow me,
to broaden, open and deepen me
to the fullness of the person
you created me to be...

I offer you this morning
the corners of my heart and mind:
crevices in my soul,
overgrown with bitter weeds,
cluttered with resentments
and grudges I don't want or need
but yet collect and hoard...
 
Send your Spirit, Lord,
to weed, clean and simplify my life
until my heart's a home 
where you are pleased to dwell...

And I offer you all my unfulfilled dreams,
my frustrated plans, my unmet expectations,
and my dashed hopes...

Send your Spirit, Lord, to help me discern and accept:
the plans I should commit to - and those I should abandon;
the paths you'd have me follow - and those I should avoid;
the dreams I should pursue - and those I should let go...

Let your Spirit fall afresh on me,
to purify my mind and heart:
    anoint my soul with mercy,
    remake me in your image,
    and sustain me with your grace
this morning, day and evening
and all through the week ahead...

Amen.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!