10/14/22

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/14

 
About my visit yesterday to the doctor, Lord...
 
My symptoms, as you know, weren't great 
    - still, great enough -   
to warrant having a check-up...
       
I was pleased and relieved when the doctor said,
    "Not to worry, all's well:
        you can expect this as you grow older...

Well, I was relieved when she told me,
    "All is well..."
and pleased to hear that "growing older"
    is the answer to my concerns...
 
And later in the day I wondered,
    "So, all is well - I'm just growing older..."
But, does growing older set well with me?

And, Lord, indeed - it does!

Oh, I hope my growing older
    has a long time yet to go
but looking back I'm grateful
    for the years already gone
and for all the joys and blessings
    treasured deep within my heart...
 
Growing older is pure gift, Lord,
    growing pains - and aches - a sign
that I have more to live, to learn, to do
    before my time is done
so yes, I'm growing older
    and that's all well with me...
 
Amen.

All Is Well With My Soul arranged by Carey Landry
If no widget appears below, click here!
     

 
When peace, like a river
Attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot
You have taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul
 
It is well, with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul...
 
My soul is at rest in the Lord God alone
From God comes salvation and hope
With God as my rock, I shall not be disturbed
All is well, all is well with my soul.
 
All is well with my soul,
All is well, all is well with my soul...

My god is my safety, my glory, my strength
My refuge when life takes its toll
I trust in my God as I pour out my heart
All is well, all is well with my soul
 
All is well with my soul,
All is well, all is well with my soul... 

O God I will bless you as long as I live
For your grace alone makes me whole
With gladness and joy I will sing of your name
All is well, all is well with my soul...

All is well with my soul,
All is well, all is well with my soul... 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!